Tuesday, February 12, 2008

People

The Godmother is in my prayers today.

I hate people. People suck.

I especially hate people that don't appreciate how much I am trying to help them. For instance, today, in juvenile court, I was trying to explain that this kid should take responsibility for having smoked marijuana before school. I told him to treat the judge with respect and to be ready to answer any of his questions. So, I asked him, "Where did you get the marijuana." He responded, "It wasn't mine." In the back of my head, I was thinking 'This is a problem. The little punk is in denial.' So, I tried to get him to explain where the marijuana came from. The punk's mom started to explain that the marijuana did not belong to her son. The punk said that he was not seen by school officials smoking the marijuana. At that point, I was getting a little frustrated, so I told them both, twice, "YOU CANNOT GO TO SCHOOL SMELLING LIKE MARIJUANA." After I repeated myself, mom told me not to raise my voice. That was when I decided I had had enough of their denial and bullshit. I called Reed and told him he had to handle this shit by himself.

I leave them there and go to criminal court to find Reed to give him the file. He asked me if the punk had taken a urinalysis at court, and I said no because I did not realize it had needed to be done. Besides, I was a little angry at that point. So, I graciously return to juvenile court to get the punk to take his pee test. I then return to criminal court to file something. When I was filing something, Reed asked me to help him in juvenile court. So, after filing my stuff, I dragged myself back to hell AKA juvenile court. Because of the number of pleas, Reed had to leave to pick up his kids from school, and I had to stay to do the plea with punk and his mom. Reed said that mom did not like the fact that I had raised my voice in the hallway where other people could hear. Who the hell cares about your problems, lady??? NO ONE, that's who! Everybody has their own problems!

Our plea was last, so we all had to return to court after lunch. Finally, at almost 3pm, we go in front of the judge. I inform the judge that we are asking for a deferred and argue why my punk client deserves one. After my beautiful argument and asking some questions to the punk, the judge grants the deferred. So, the punk and his mom sit down, and the probation officer in court tells me I need to have them sign a form. So, I go to the punk and ask him to sign the form, and he hands it to his mom. So, I tell both punk and his mom that the probation department will speak to them after they have all of their paperwork ready. Mom completely ignores me. She does not say one word to me. So I just left.

I cannot believe that an adult woman, a mother, could act so friggin' childish. Lady, your kid is in denial about his drug problem! Lady, you're in denial about your kid's drug problem! I can't believe she was defending his stupid ass to me! The drugs were in his hands, PERIOD. It's people like this that make me wish I had a concealed hand-gun license...

I hate people. People suck. That's the moral of my story. It's always the moral of my story. It's a good moral. Don't you think?

"I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

No comments: